Wednesday, April 22, 2009

And we're back

Between park stuff and my laptop being in the shop, I haven't been online as much as usual - apologies to my loyal readers (hi Mom!). Below's a round-up of interesting things I've heard about but haven't had the chance to write about:


  • Molly Moon's grand opening is this Saturday and they're giving away free ice cream. Sweet!
  • The Capitol Hill Housing Improvement Project's annual meeting is tonight at the Northwest Film Forum - reception at 5pm, meeting starts at 6. I'm interested to hear about what they're planning for 12th Ave. - I've heard rumor of CHHIP developments at 12th and Jefferson as well as the East Precinct parking lot on 12th near Pine. I think they might have something to do with the possible park at 12th and Cherry. I'll tell you what I find out.
  • Dodgeball has resumed at the Cal Anderson tennis courts, shhh, don't tell Parks. The friendly dodgeball player I talked to said that the alternate site that Parks recommended (at a school?) didn't work out as well so they've snuck back into Cal Anderson. If I remember correctly, the games are every Tuesday and Friday night and they start around 7:30 or 8, you know, just in case you feel like participating in our local subversive sport.
  • Peter Steinbrueck is definitely not running for mayor. Damn.

I have some Boylston news too, but that'll get its own post.

No comments:

Post a Comment