Tuesday, May 12, 2009

An eventful Sunday

This Sunday was the first Capitol Hill Farmer's Market of the year (hurray!). I celebrated this by staying at the market from open to close, tabling for the Capitol Hill Community Council and Unpaving Paradise. The day was cool and mostly sunny, and I was surrounded by local produce and friendly neighbors - not a bad way to spend a Sunday morning/afternoon.

This, however, is not what made my weekend.

If you were a huge nerd, and you played D&D, you would know about the Eberron campaign setting. You would also know that Keith Baker is its creator. And you would be very excited to hear that Keith Baker is doing the most grassroots promo tour ever - he's travelling all around the world, staying at people's houses and running an Eberron (4th ed.) game for his hosts.

Guess what I did Sunday night.



Amy and Keith. Keith is preoccupied because he's getting ready for a long night of gaming. Amy has a very satisfied grin on her face because she's the one who orchestrated the whole thing.


The party gathers. The conspicuously empty seat is for me.



As you can see in the pictures above and below, as the night goes on, the table gets more ... occupied.






Proof I was actually there and didn't just pretend it was me behind the camera all night.

That's all I can show and tell you (hee) about our gaming night with Keith Baker. Well, I guess I can also say we had a lot of fun and Keith is good guy and runs a great game. Everything else is a secret because he's going to be running this game many times all around the world, and he doesn't want us to ruin it for everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment