Thursday, January 29, 2009

The things I learn from watching too many video games

My boyfriend's been playing a lot of Persona 4...watching the main character's little cartoon life is addicting.

There are little pop quizzes that come up as part of the game and they're surprisingly difficult. I've learned all kinds of interesting things from having to Google up the answers to about half the questions. My favoritest random fact so far:
Dawn, or astronomical dawn, is defined as "that time at which there is enough light for objects to be distiguishable and that outdoor activities can commence." Nautical dawn is defined as "that time at which there is just enough sunlight for objects to be distiguishable." (Thanks to the NOAA office in Peachtree, GA for the answer on that one.)
The things we have definitions for. It makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment