Monday, November 3, 2008

Threshold

Tomorrow's Election Day. Jesus H. Christ I hope Obama wins. A year or two ago, I wouldn't have minded McCain being president, but ever since he put his hat in the ring he's been on a sad downhill slide from creditable party maverick to Bush administration puppet.

Aside from that, I understand what Zaid Hassan means when he writes that he wants to linger here, in the moment before everything changes. On Tuesday the country will tip, one way or the other. I want to wait a little while and watch my world hang in the balance.

Needless to say, it's going to be an intense night. In case my faithful readers feel the need for the company of a liberal mob and/or liquor, I found a decent list of Election Night Parties on both Culture Mob and Capitol Hill Seattle. Sadly, these lists are only good for Seattlites - sorry Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment