Monday, June 15, 2009

Amazing! Mysterious! Successful! Cap Hill Community Garage Sale!

I hung out at the Unpaving Paradise spot at the Cap Hill Community Garage Sale Community Lot for almost all of the day Saturday. It was nice - Panache donated fabulous umbrellas and a big canopy so we had shade (see left), Sadboy Tacos came by with free vegan snacks, and the whole atmosphere was very laid back. So while I technically was working all day making sales and talking up the park-to-be at John and Summit, it didn't really feel like work for most of the time I was there (exception: setup and takedown - that is always work).



PS I made some of the on-site signage for the community lot of the Garage Sale, and I had a lot of fun with it. There was glitter. There were many adjectives and exclamation points. Judging from today's title, I still haven't quite worked it out of my system.

PPS There are plenty more Garage Sale pictures at the UP site and CHS Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment