Thursday, June 18, 2009

SDOT Light Rail Construction Noise Meeting Recap

First, this is all a crib from CHS Blog. Justin is the man with the well-written scoop. I recruited people for the Fremont Solstice Paradise Zombie Walk last night instead.

Second of all, the main reason I'm writing this post is not noise concerns. They're important, mind you, because there are a lot of people living near the construction site and I really don't to see what happens if they all become sleep deprived because of SDOT all-night drilling parties. The reason I'm writing this post is because....

WE'RE GETTING PEDESTRIAN SAFETY MEASURES ON OLIVE AND DENNY!

After nine months of emails with the SDOT Bicycle Pedestrian Group, after the same old question in multiple SDOT public meetings, SDOT unveiled their plans to make Denny and Olive safer to cross between Broadway and the freeway. You know, that part of I5 Shores will all the pedestrians and the slope and the almost blind curve and no crosswalks.

This became SDOT's problem when they proposed to add very large trucks at a high rate of frequency to the mix. I am delighted to hear that SDOT is planning to counteract this with a curb bulb at Denny and Boylston and a crosswalk with signage at Denny and Summit. Plans for Olive are TBA, and I await them breathlessly.

No comments:

Post a Comment