Saturday, December 20, 2008

Public Service Announcement

The full version, courtesy of King County and SeaDevi.

The short version, courtesy of hillku.

The names for all this just kill me. The most serious-sounding one is Hanukkah Eve Storm III. Then there's Cap Hill Snow Deathwatch 2008. I prefer "The Snowpocalypse", or even better..."Snowmegeddon".

This is even better than when the news stations freak out in Southern California when it rains. I mean, they have special music and "Storm Watch (present year here)", but nobody gets to stay home and there isn't any weather-induced camaraderie. Also, no sledding.

Kidding aside, stay close to home tonight. I just got in from walking across the Hill - still passable, but it's supposed to get nasty later. It could just be meteorologists having panic attacks, but I prefer to be on the safe side.

{Snowmedgeddon...hee hee hee}

No comments:

Post a Comment