Friday, December 19, 2008

Solstice Sunday

The longest night of the year is almost upon us. Since it falls on a Sunday, and there's SNOW, I plan on celebrating. Since I can't have a discreet bonfire and drum circle anywhere closer than Alki, I figured I should look up some parties closer to home.

Shop local - celebrate with the 1300 block of Pine St., 12/21 from 4-7pm
  • Bootyland, The Copper Vine & Whimsy invite you to join them for a Solstice evening of cider, cookies & great deals on last minute gifts:
    + Buy 2, Get 1 Free on Holiday Items at Whimsy
    + 10% off Gifts at Bootyland (Offer Valid WITH Other Coupons)
    + 20% off Any Item Purchased as a gift at The Copper Vine.
  • My favorite part (besides the cider) - For each customer that mentions Unpaving Paradise when making a purchase, The Copper Vine will donate $5 to the park-to-be at John and Summit!
Yule - Public Yule ceremony at Edge of the Circle Books, 12/21 at 7pm
Fiery drama - Winter Solstice Fire Festival at Seattle Center, 12/20 & 21 from 4-9pm
  • To quote the website:
The spectacle begins at 4pm with a performance recognizing the Winter Solstice. Orbis and Solaris create a dynamic outdoor performing art installation that weaves together words, movement, music, fire performances and large luminaries to transform the Seattle Center International Fountain into a stunning celestial wonder.

There are all the events that I know about. If my faithful readers know of any other nifty solstice celebrations, tell me in the comments so I can post it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment