Friday, September 5, 2008

Castle Crashers! Woot!


We discovered this game at PAX, and my roommate just bought it yesterday on XBox Live. Castle Crashers is amazing.

At first glance, it's just a normal sidescrolling beat-'em-up. Actually, at first glance it's frickin' adorable. Your characters are these cute little guys in adorable flat-topped little helmets. Everything in this game is tiny and cartoony and cute, even the big baddies.

So, yeah, sidescrolling beat-'em-up. Castle Crashers also has great graphics, amazing controls, and tons of re-playability. Although re-playability assumes that you can put down your controller in the first place - this game is addictive.

It's also really easy to pick up and start playing. I almost never play video games, especially beat-'em-ups, and I got sucked right into this one. It helps that it's so damn cute, but the controls are so good and easy to figure out that I just kept on going. I think my little green poison-power guy is already at level 7.

If you've got an XBox, go on XBox live and pick this game up. It's well worth the fifteen bucks.

P.S. Did I mention that the soundtrack is really great, too?

No comments:

Post a Comment