Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I got prayer flags from Richard Gere

The International Campaign for Tibet sent me a letter asking for money. This isn't unusual at all - once I signed up with a couple of environmental magazines, every charity and foundation who wanted a buck started sending me junk mail. I looked through it - usual stuff, help us stop the atrocities against Tibet, please sign this petition, send some money, etc. Then I came across the part where they mentioned prayer flags. Sure enough, there was a tiny little set of prayer flags in the envelope. And then I looked at the signature on the ask letter - Richard Gere sent me prayer flags.

It's a good cause, but I think the real reason I ended up sending them money was because of the amusement value of their 'free' gift.

From Richard Gere.

No comments:

Post a Comment