Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Mmmmm, government bailout - a short rant

I understand why the government is doing the bailout. What I don't understand is why anyone, even if they're a part of the Bush administration, would think that it's a good idea to hand over $700 billion with no strings attached. To people who have run the economy into the ground, no less.

This is the country that won't help lower and middle class individuals who've gotten themselves into debt because the dominant rhetoric says that it's their own damn fault - no matter how bad that collective debt is for the nation's economy. And now we want to put the government even more into the red because some Wall Street cowboys thought the bubble would never burst. If I was going to fork over that kind of cash, I'd make damn sure that 1)this never happened again and 2)that I'd make a profit in the long run.

But that's just me. And I'm obviously way too poor to understand the complex workings of Wall Street and the global economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment