Monday, September 1, 2008

PAX Notes the 2nd

Dear God I'm tired.

PAX is kind of like the holidays - they're great, you're sad when they're over, but at the same time you're really, really happy they only happen once a year.

I have been dead all day today. I am very grateful that I had a third day in the weekend with which to recover from the rest of the weekend.

This is not to say that PAX wasn't freaking amazing.

Yesterday was great. The boyfriend and I got up early(ish) and hoofed it down the Convention Center to see Family Feud, PAX edition. The line was long, but it was worth it. This is due in part to the fact that I met a fellow geek girl in the line for coffee (BF was holding the place in line). We found her boyfriend, they came up in line with us, and we made two new friends. Hurray for geeky community!

Family Feud was hilarious. My favorite round was entitled "What to do when the power goes out". The answers were (in approximately this order):

1)Read
2)Play handheld/ laptop
3)Play non-electronic games (cards, board games, etc.)
4)Eat
5)Sleep
6)Have Sex
7)Stare at wall/cry
8)Masturbate
(Their wording was "pleasure yourself", but my wording was the answer the contestant gave. And it's funnier)

One of the contestants did guess "Go outside", but as you can see, that wasn't the answer PAX attendees gave. Ah, nerd conventions.

The BF and I also caught a Q&A panel with "Gabe" and "Tycho" (aka Jerry and Mike) of Penny Arcade. These guys are hilarious. As much as they claim they're really boring to hang out with, I still wish I could spend some time with them. Play some video games, drink some beer, and listen to them being really, really funny would be awesome.

Panel highlight:

Jerry and Mike were inducted into the Evil League of Evil (see Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog if you have no idea what I'm talking about). I am absolutely serious.

On the penultimate question of the session, the guy asking says that he has an urgent delivery for them, and asks to run it up to the stage. Jerry says sure, the guy drops off the envelope, and Jerry says that he'll take a last question. As Jerry opens the envelope, the guy he runs back to the microphone where he's joined by two of his friends. They proceed to put on mustaches and cowboy hats and start singing the Bad Horse theme/ Evil League of Evil induction song.

This actually happened.

It was amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment